Gift cards are a great gift to give someone because they ensure your friends or family members can find something they love. However, because the cards are so small, coming up with gift wrapping ideas can often be difficult. While they may feel small at times, a good package of gift cards gives them a personal touch and enhances their true worth. How to wrap a gift card for Christmas creatively? Luckily, we’ve curated some creative ways for you to wrap your gift cards so you can skip the guesswork and start wrapping!
How To Wrap A Gift Card For Christmas Creatively?
Here are the ways for you to know How to wrap a gift card for Christmas?
Wrapping the Gift Card in Gift Wrap
1. Cut the gift wrap so that there is enough to go around all sides the card. Lay the gift card facedown on your gift wrap of choice and then cut around the edges. The cut paper should slightly overlap with the other side when stretched over the surface of the card.
- Use a flat surface to reduce crumpling and creasing in unwanted places.
- Use sharp scissors to avoid tearing!
2. Wrap the long edges of the gift wrap around the card. Fold in the long edges of the gift wrap around the gift card and toward the middle so that they meet and overlap, and then tape the paper down to secure to the surface. The tape will help hold the paper’s shape as you continue to wrap.
- You may use double-sided tape to ensure that no tape is evident on the outside!
- If using double-sided tape, place it just on the inside of the gift wrap edge and press down to secure onto the overlapping piece of gift wrap
3. Fold in the 4 corners of the gift wrap in toward the edge of the gift card. Align the corner of the gift wrap with the middle of the card’s edge for a crisp triangle shape. This shape creates an even seam and makes sure there are no loose edges on the paper!
4. Fold in the triangles on both sides and secure with tape. When the card is flipped over, the top should appear smooth and all tape should be underneath. Now your card is neatly and beautifully covered!
5. Add embellishments such as ribbons, bows, and stickers. This will give the gift card and extra-special appeal. Use your creative and unique style to spice up the wrapping paper with these additions!
This also helps the gift card to stand out if it will be sitting amongst other larger gifts.
Putting the Gift Card in a Box
How To Wrap A Gift Card For Christmas? You can choose how to put the gift card in the box.
1. Choose a small, shallow box with a lid. Select a box that has a similar size and shape to the gift card. Rectangular boxes generally fit best!
Make sure that the box does not have excessive extra space inside so that the card will not slide around or even get lost inside.
2. Line the box with a small sheet of tissue paper. Place the gift card inside and fold the excess tissue paper over top of the gift card so it is covered neatly, being careful not to wrinkle the paper
3. Put the lid on the box and seal it with some tape and a bow. Tape the box around the edges to secure the lid. Tie a ribbon around the box to give this gift card an extra special presentation and further secure the lid, or place a premade bow on the top of the box.
- If your box already has an attached fixture to keep it shut, you can skip the tape and simply decorate with a bow.
Recycled Wrapping Paper
How To Wrap A Gift Card For Christmas? Have some leftover wrapping paper from last year? Put it to good use by wrapping your gift card in it! You can even cut out shapes from the paper and use them as embellishments. Just make sure to choose a paper that’s not too busy so that the recipient can still see the gift card itself.
1. Choose an envelope that’s the size of the card or slightly larger. Envelopes are sometimes provided for free or for a small charge at the store where the gift card was purchased. You can also make small paper envelopes or make a felt envelope for your cards.
2. Place the gift card in the envelope. Make sure that the card is facing the back of the envelope so that the recipient will see what kind of gift card it is. This is an easy way to wrap and unwrap the surprise!
You may also consider including a personalized note inside the envelope along with the card.
3. Seal the envelope with a stamp, stickers, or other embellishments. Decorate this in your own unique style. You can also add a simple message or greeting for the recipient.
Putting the Gift Card in Bag
How To Wrap A Gift Card For Christmas? Putting a gift card in a pocket is not a bad choice
1. Choose a small bag that matches the gift card’s size. A small gift bag with an open top works well for a small but mighty presentation. Opt for a fun color or pattern that matches the interests of the recipient
2. Line the bag’s interior with tissue paper and place the gift card inside. Layer paper at different angles to cover all sides of the bag’s interior. Create a nesting space for the card to sit.
Be careful not to wrinkle or tear the tissue paper when placing it inside the bag!
3. Create a tissue paper topper for the bag. On a flat surface, fold another sheet of tissue paper into a triangle shape, then fold in half again. Pull the corner with no open ends and pinch or twist it tightly. On the opposite end, fluff the corners of the tissue paper upwards.
- This simple topper makes the contents of the bag appear abundant and full. It’s the perfect big presentation for this small-sized gift!
4. Decorate the gift bag with the tissue paper topper and bows. Place the tissue paper topper on top in the gift back, sticking out of the top. Put a bow or put other embellishments on the outside of the bag.
No matter how to wrap a gift card for Christmas, giving a gift card this holiday season is sure to please anyone on your difficult shopping list. With these ideas for How to wrap a gift card for Christmas, you can turn your gift cards from boring to awesome in no time! Your loved ones will be delighted with their gift and they will surely remember how thoughtful you were when they spent it! Annabel Rosendahl wishes you a Merry Christmas with your family!!!